Excellent outcomes for all
Brynhyfryd is a bilingual co-educational comprehensive school for pupils between 11 and 18 years of age maintained by Denbighshire Education Authority. The School’s bilingual ethos reflects the community it serves.
At Brynhyfryd we aim to offer an education of the highest standard possible which tries to meet the needs of individual pupils within a supportive and happy bilingual environment. Every pupil will be encouraged to develop self respect and a positive, responsible attitude towards life in general. The School has a strong work ethic and aims to motivate all pupils to achieve their very best at all times.
Brynhyfryd is a successful school and the key to that success is the close partnership that exists between the School and its parents, a partnership that works for the benefit of each pupil. I look forward to working with you to ensure a successful future for your child.
Mr Geraint Parry
Ysgol Brynhyfryd is committed to working with its community to provide an exceptional education that will inspire all learners and equip them with the skills and competencies, the creativity and the positive, enterprising attitude required to succeed in a changing world.
Our learners will leave school with the best possible qualifications, able to lead, collaborate with others and use technology and creativity to solve problems.
They will know how to act when they are faced with situations for which they were not specifically prepared.
The School is situated on a slight elevation on the periphery of Ruthin and commands an extensive view of the Vale of Clwyd and the surrounding hills.
We aim to create a sense of belonging to a school that:
- Is enthusiastic about learning and where everyone is motivated to achieve the highest possible standards
- Has a positive atmosphere which promotes lifelong learning
- Provides opportunities to develop a range of skills & attitudes
- Challenges, supports and enables each individual to fulfil his/her potential
- Celebrates achievement and success
- Is inclusive and where every individual is respected and enjoys equality of opportunity
- Promotes the health, safety and well being of every individual
- Promotes bilingualism
- Promotes responsibility, respect for moral values and a concern for the environment
- Contributes to the wider community, locally, nationally and internationally