Welcome to Sixth Form
- We aim to create a purposeful and supportive environment that gives all our students the best possible chance to achieve success.
- The Sixth Form Centre will provide high quality education with enrichment opportunities for all.
- We are committed to encouraging the full potential of all our students so they can leave us being well-rounded individuals that are prepared for the exciting opportunities that present themselves beyond A-Levels.
- The Sixth Form Centre will actively promote positive attitudes in our students that will be evident in their approach to their studies, and the wider life of the school.
During the two years we will:
- Hold a celebration evening to reward those who work hard and show excellent endeavour in all their studies.
- Appoint prefects in Year 13 which reflect students that have been an excellent role model in the school, taken part in school life in the 6th Form and lower school, have a tremendous work ethic and demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Use systems where those which excellent achievement in sports, arts, music and other disciplines are celebrated.
- Involvement in the Seren network for the highest achieving students.
- Hold a Year 13 Summer Ball
- Hold a Year 12 Welsh Baccalaureate Summer Celebration event.
Students are also awarded points slips for outstanding conduct. These points are calculated allowing students to work towards ‘Student of Excellence Award’. This can then be used to support prefect applications and UCAS/Employment references.
Community and enrichment
- Effective use of social media including a Facebook page and Twitter feed.
- Enrichment activities such as Debating, Cooking sessions for University, Mindfulness and support with extended writing.
- An opportunity for each student in Year 12 to undertake a role within the school community including subject ambassadors, peer mentors and reading buddies.
- In Year 12 an elected form representative to play a role in the development of The Sixth Form Centre.
- On-going workshops and a programme of support for UCAS applications and life beyond the Sixth Form Centre.
- Outside speakers to help with knowledge about careers and opportunities.
- Involvement in whole school events.
Canolfan y Chweched
Here at the Canolfan y Chweched we have a designated wellbeing room for our students. This room as been refurbished and decorated so that it is welcoming and bright area to discuss, relax and meet with our MIND Dyffryn Clwyd representative who comes on a weekly basis to support our students. The examinations are fast approaching, and this support and area will be much appreciated by our students.